Airtel Digital TV, the DTH arm of India’s largest telecommunications provider Bharti Airtel, today announced the launch of “BANGLA HITZ”, a subscription based video on demand (SVOD) service in Bengali.
This ad free service is available at a nominal fee of Rs39/month and can be accessed on channel number 702 on Airtel Digital TV. To activate the service, Airtel Digital TV customers will have to give a missed call to 9109121232 or SMS ADD 702 to 54325
The new service will offer a whole new range of exclusive entertainment options in Bengali for Airtel DTH customers. This includes, a showcase of 7 unique Bengali Movies in a day, totaling upto 15-20 unique titles per week. The frequency will gradually be increased to 4 new premieres every month. Additionally, customers also gets access to some of the finest musical performances from the region via the huge music catalogue that comes with the service.
Commenting on the launch, S. Siram, Chief Marketing Officer, Airtel Digital TV, said, “We are delighted to announce the launch of our subscription video on demand services in Bengali. This service will give our users access to exclusive local entertainment content, right from the comfort of their homes. We will continue to focus on delivering compelling content for our customers and change the way customers view entertainment in India”.
Currently, in regional catalogue, Airtel Digital TV offers SVOD services in Gujarati, Tamil and Punjabi as well.
Tatasky is undoubtedly the best service provider of India for the year 2015. They have crossed the highest number of connections in all the metros performing better than their second best rival Videocon. Tatasky has been way ahead compared to its competitors this year. They have launched two new products tatasky+transfer and tatasky 4K which are state of the art products in DTH industry in India. Though tatasky 4K dint take off in a way it was expected mainly due to the pricing and lack of 4K channels makes it a waste of money for the customer to invest in a 4K box and watch channels at just 1080 pixels (HD). But the later product tatasky+transfer has really made a huge impact especially for the users who were looking for a recoding option and who wants to easily transfer it their computers. Coming now on how to book a new tata sky new connection, I have jotted down the exact step by step process to book it.
- Launch bookmydth.com
- Click on “Tatasky” category in the category bar.
3. Select the set top box type. Must be either “HD” or “SD” or “UHD 4K or “HD PVR Transfer”. Right now, I am going with “HD” set top box.
4. In the category page, select you region. It should be either “South India” or “Rest of India”. Right now, I am going with “South India”
5. Verify all the features on the set top box in the “Tata sky HD features” space.
TATA SKY HD FEATURES
- Great picture quality.
- Incredibly vivid colours.
- Sharper images and stunning surround sound.
- An aspect ratio of 16:9 and 1080i resolution.
- Dolby Digital Surround.
- Active Services.
- Pay for what you watch.
- Quality Viewing.
- Showcase Movies.
- Existing subscriber can purchase a multiTv connection for 1800.
- One year warranty and more.
- Relocation services.
- HD Access fee extra Rs. 125/- per month has to be paid to view the HD channels.
- HD access free waived off for 12 months+ subscription
6. Check the packages available for tatasky HD set top box. Right now, in bookmydth.com there are 7 kinds of packages that are there for selection depending on the customers requirement. The range of the tatasky packages starts from Rs.200/- per month (south special pack) and goes till Rs.485/- per month (grand sports pack).
7. Our suggestion to the buyers is to choose a basic pack like south special pack for the first month, analyze the channels and then change the package from the second month onwards.
8. Right now, I am selecting the “South Special pack”. This package also comes with free 2 regional packs which user can select in the next page. I click on “Book Now” button now.